Get Your Free Inspection
Covington Termite Control & Treatment
Termite Treatment & Prevention Solutions in Covington & the Surrounding Areas
Termites cause devastating property damage to homes and commercial properties throughout the United States each year. Whether you currently have termites or want to prevent them, Cleary Exterminating Co. Inc can help. Our veteran owned and operated pest control company has more than 40 years of experience providing termite control in Covington, GA.
What Attracts Termites to a House
Termites can cause a lot of damage once they get inside a house. It's important to know what attracts them to a house in the first place. Here are some of the most common things that attract termites to a house:
- Moisture - It's important to have proper drainage to avoid excess moisture in or around your home. Be sure to clean your gutters!
- Excess wood - Large amounts of branches, stumps, or dead trees in a yard is a termites dream. It's important to remove any rotting wood from your property.
- Tree Branches - When a tree branch is too close to a house's roof or siding it creates a direct pathway for termites and other pests to enter your home.
Signs of a Termite Infestation
Subterranean termites come up from the ground in mud tubes they create. They enter your home and silently begin eating through the wood. Unfortunately, many property owners remain unaware of their presence until the pests have caused significant structural damage. This damage isn’t covered by insurance, so it is in your best interests to know the signs of a possible termite infestation, so you can act quickly to stop them.
Some of the common signs of a termite infestation include:
- Seeing small mud tubes coming up from the ground to the foundation of your home
- Evidence of swarms, such as discarded termite wings on windowsills or near doorways
- Wood that is damaged or hollowed out
- Tiny tunnels in wood
- Blistering in wood floors
A professional inspection is needed to determine if you have termites and the extent of the infestation. We offer a termite inspection free of charge, so don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you have noticed any of the signs of a termite problem.
Covington Termite Control Methods
Several treatment methods are available for current termite infestations and pre-treatments for preventing an infestation. These involve applying chemicals to avoid an infestation. In addition, combination treatments are available for termite control in Covington. These include two types of treatments to optimize results.
We offer termite treatments that include:
- Bait System – A series of bait stations are installed around your home. Termites feed on the bait and share it with the colony.
- Liquid Treatment – A trench is created in the soil around the perimeter of your home, and we carefully drill through slab areas to apply liquid treatment to destroy subterranean termites. This prevents them from infesting your home.
- Wood Treatment – Wood treatment can be done as a preventative measure or combined with another treatment. A chemical is applied to the wood, where it soaks in and stops termites from eating it.
If you are selling or refinancing your home, you may need a Georgia Wood Infestation Report, also known as a termite letter. This is a report that offers proof of any wood infestation. In addition to termites, these letters cover ventilation, powder post beetles, and wood to ground contact. We can provide an inspection and termite letter for your home.
Schedule Your Free Termite Inspection
At Cleary Exterminating Co. Inc, we perform free termite inspections to check for signs of a past or current subterranean termite inspection. If we find evidence of termites, we will work with you to determine the best course of action for termite control in Covington. If you don’t have termites, we can offer advice for pre-treatment to prevent them from invading your home.